Re: Holding steady under fire/Harassed Permies

All,

I thought what Dan was saying is that one does not have to take it.
>From the 'retalitaion' he has spoken of, it seems to be largely in
the legal sphere and centred around just making it clear to his
harassers that he is not going to lie back and take it.

I do not regret making the initial comments that sparked this debate,
but I am disappointed to find it turning into a slagging off fest.

We all have to deal with the situation that presents itself. In Dan;s
case, as in my own, we have faced considerable opposition and have
just had to work through it.

The primary goal of my original comments was to let others know that
everything is not peaches and cream all the time, and to let those
out there who are suffering similar actions know they are not alone.
>From the replies I have received, it is clear thaat this sort of
thing does happen, but is rarely spoken about. I was impressed with
the replies I did get to my comments, but disappointed that some
chose to attack myself or Dan and asking what we had done to bring
this sort of treatement down onto us.

I know what sparked this treatment of those involved in our little
part of the world. We were running a rehabilitation and counselling
clinic. As a result, we stumbled across paedophilia and drug running
in the local district. While we could of then abandoned our people in
that situation, we chose to defend them. I, and none of the others
involved, would change that decision if given the opportunity for a
rerun. We have stood up to those who have wronged us and those around
us and this is the sort of retaliation we have had to endure. We have
had stock shot, brakes on cars interfered with, police conspiring to
defraud and jail us, and in recent weeks, we have seen the whole
thing burnt to the ground.
Things are not always peaches and cream, but sometimes, it just gets
too much.

And I do not know a lot about American History, and so I will not
speak too long on Dr King, but I understand that the thing that made
him the strong figure that he was was that he did not lie down and
take it, but instead encouraged all around to rise up against the
oppression that was previously being silently endured.

Paul Gill
Canberra Australia