Re: worm control (fwd)

From: Dick Richardson <d.richardson@mail.utexas.edu>

Intersting idea, Douglas. Tobacco contains nicotine sulfate, or in the
trade, "Black Leaf 40" for example. This is used as an insecticide for
chewing insects on plants, such as catapillers eating leaves. I have not
heard of this before, but it might be an effective remedy.

Dick

At 05:12 AM 4/30/97, dfgibbs@harborside.com wrote:
>From: "Douglas F. Gibbs" <dfgibbs@harborside.com>
>
>Some of the old timers here in Oregon have told me that
>they used tobacco to worm their animals. They grew up
>when chemicals were not available.

R. H. (Dick) Richardson                     (512) 471-4128 office
Zoology Dept.                                     371-1885 home
University of Texas                               471-9651 FAX
Austin, TX 78712