[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Rainbow Family of Living Light Unofficial Home Page
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Rainbow Family of Living Light Unofficial Home Page
- From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 12:53:45 -0400
- Organization: Venaura Farm -=+=- InterGarden
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Title: Rainbow Family of Living Light Unofficial Home Page
When the earth is ravaged and the
animals are dying, a new tribe of people shall come unto the earth from
many colors, classes, creeds, and who by their actions and deeds shall
make the earth green again. They will be know as the warriors of the
Rainbow -- Old Native American Prophecy
It is longstanding Rainbow Family consensus that nobody has ever, or
ever will represent the Rainbow Family. This is an unofficial
collection of information on the Rainbow Family and the Rainbow
Gatherings, and in no way should anyone who works on this web site
be considered to be representing the Rainbow Family. For the rest of
the disclaimer, Go to the Bottom.
What is the Rainbow Family ?
Some say we're the largest non-organization of non-members in the
world. We have no leaders, and no organization. To be honest, the
Rainbow Family means different things to different people. I think
it's safe to say we're into intentional community building,
non-violence, and alternative lifestyles. We also believe that Peace
and Love are a great thing, and there isn't enough of that in this
world. Many of our traditions are based on Native American
traditions, and we have a strong orientation to take care of the the
Earth. We gather in the National Forests yearly to pray for peace on
this planet. For another viewpoint,
Try Carla's much better explanation.
To submit pictures,articles, or anything else of interest, either
email to me, or ftp stuff to welcomehome.org and put it in the
incoming directory and then email
me a description. We hope to keep this WelcomeHome Page
- Legal Documents
- The US Forest Service has published the final regulations
to make Rainbow Gatherings Illegal! This page has many legal
documents from the various court cases we've been involved in over the
years, plus analyses.
- Rainbow Family Related
- This page has all the event calendars, plus lists of regional
potlucks, Lightlines, and other events that would be of interest to
- Rainbow Family
- This is a growing collection of historical documents on the
Rainbow Family. Included are various stories on our origins, and a
collection of newspaper and magazine articles, and the Rainbow Photo
- General info on the Rainbow
- This is a collection of documents and links about the Rainbow
Family. Included are old Howdy Folks, regional newsletters,
mini-manuals, and archives of the newsgroup.
- Info for Focalizers
- This section is more geared towards Focalizers. We don't have
leaders in the Rainbow Family, but we do have folks that help us to
focus on what we as indiviguals need to do. This is mostly old Howdy
Folks, council minutes, and notes on the consensus process.
- Other Rainbow Related Web sites
- This is a collection of links to other Rainbow Family oriented web
sites. Like this one, none of these web sites represents the Rainbow
Family. Many of these web sites are regional in nature, so they are
better places to check for local potlucks or gatherings.
- Rainbow Folks Web sites
- This is a collection of folks from the newsgroup and mailing list that
have their own web sites.
- Other Interesting Web sites
- This is a page of links to other interesting sites for
- Rainbow Family clans, camps, and
- This section is devoted to all those clans, camps, kitchens, or
whatever feel the need to identify themselves as family.
- This is the usenet newsgroup that is also gatewayed into an
email based mailing list.
This is Not an offical document of any kind by the Rainbow
Family. This Home Page is my own creation, and as such only represents
my own ideas. In no way does this mean I or anyone else here at
welcomehome.org represent the Rainbow Family, regardless of what the
Family wingnuts say.
To get to my Home Page, click here.