[Fwd: Earthworms in Feedlots]

 Lawrence F. London, Jr. - Venaura Farm - Dragonfly Market Gardens
 mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu - mailto:llondon@bellsouth.net
 - Support your local organic market farmer, buy products
 bearing the SUSTAINABLY GROWN (ecological & biointensive) label -

-- BEGIN included message

Hi all,

I am researching the use of earthworms for use by cattle
feeders.  I have found some science journal articles about the
use of earthworms for cleaning up the large amounts of cattle
manure that is accumulated in large feedlots, and some articles
about the use of earthworm meal to feed cattle.  This way
earthworms can be used in 2 ways by feedlot operators.  Has anyone
done this?  If so, what is your opinion?  Was it profitable?  Was
it feasible? etc.

Writer specializing in science, nature, animals and environment
marilpok@world.std.com   Or:  75401.1161@compuserve.com

-- END included message