ChemFinder URL

Howdy, all--

Thanks to an e-mail from Warren Porter, the UW zoologist who studies
the interactive effects of pesticides and chemicals in low doses on
biological systems, I remembered that I never shared this URL with
you all last winter when I first ran across it.

http://chemfinder.camsoft.com/

ChemFinder is a chemical searching system, and it's easy to use.

For example, I typed in "diazinon" in one field, and it returned

--a list of a couple dozen "synonyms"
--chemical structure and properties info,
--a list of about 40 links to other sites, including ExToxNet, OSHA,
SARA/CERCLA, ATSDR, and my personal favorite, the NJ Department of
Health hazardous chemical sheets (which include things like chronic
and acute exposure effects).  But not PANNA.  :^)

Technically speaking, my guess is a) this thing kicks major tuchus
and b) it was designed for chemical industry people.

It's a service of CambridgeSoft Corporation:

http://chemfinder.camsoft.com/about.html

peace
michele

Michele Gale-Sinex, communications manager
Center for Integrated Ag Systems
UW-Madison College of Ag and Life Sciences
Voice: (608) 262-8018   FAX: (608) 265-3020
http://www.wisc.edu/cias

Community--that's what Jah say.  --Alpha Blondy