Re: Recycled Hog Wastes, intensive animal production, urban ag

Thanks to Rich Molini for his remarks.

On the topic of intensive animal production, changing the focus slightly,
I noticed a few days ago that Bill Duesing's commentary says Hong Kong
produces 2/3 of its own poultry as well as half its fresh produce.

Remarkable figures!  I'd like to see more about the Hong Kong farming
system.  I can see veggies being grown in small spaces, on balconies, etc.
But what is the Hong Kong poultry production system?  I imagine it must
be based on feeding imported grains.  My hunch is that most of it is
intensive-confinement, like here.

John Lozier
West Virginia University