Re: Help! Model Ordinances, Direct Marketing Farmer Surv

Noah Ranells wrote:

>      i think cary may be correct in the assumption that there would be
>      little profit incentive to haul compost to farmer's market and sell it
>      there.
>
>      but i do think that the innovative farmer's markets might have one or
>      two vendors who would be interested in hauling the organic waste from
>      the urban/suburban folks back to their farm.  don't ya think?
>
>      this idea really speaks to local food/nutrient webs!
>
>      noah ranells
>      nc div of soil and water conservation

> Subject: Re: Help!  Model Ordinances, Direct Marketing Farmer Surveys
> Author:  coshin@rodaleinst.org (Cary Oshins) at Internet
> Date:    9/24/97 2:29 PM
>
> Clarence walker wrote:
> >Maria, Would it be appropriate for producers of professionally and
> >safely made composts to take their composted organics to such markets as
> >a means of reaching the farmers and possibly even educating those who
> >are interested in the value of composting as an alternative to
> >landfills?
>
> Clarence, while it would be acceptable to sell compost at a farmer's market,
> it would hardly be economical.
> Cary Oshins
> Rodale Institute
> coshin@rodaleinst.org
My note back to CARY was:"Thanks for the feedback. My thought was not so
much selling as trying to find ways to get the compost into the hands of
those who canuse it and as an investment marketing means of enhancing
public awareness, acceptance, and support. Larry Walker
--

Atlanta International Communications,Inc./Sales Reps. & Consulting Svcs.
See our web site! Updated 07-14-97 http://www.mindspring.com/~atlintlcom

Follow-Ups: References: