Re: MEAT/CSA

jrhall@iastate.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:54:59 CDT

This is our second year offering meat, honey, woven products, and bread
last year, herbs this year, to members. Its challenging, we've
doubled our veggie memberships and barely increased meat orders so far...
Our group started more as a coop than a traditional CSA, and we're trying to
support combined efforts of market gardeners and sustainable farmers in
areas all over the state of Iowa (we recently found out we got a SARE
producer-group grant to facilitate that, as well as more typical CSAs). If
people have questions I'd be glad to try to answer them. One of our
coordinators is writing an extension publication to promote both types of
systems.

> >Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 13:08:45 -0500
> >From: D J Dietz <djdietz@globaldialog.com>
> >To: sanet-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
> >Subject: MEAT/CSA
> >
> >I was recently reading a listing of Practical Farners of Iowa of field
> >day and noticed several postings that mention marketing of meat or
> >other products through CSA by non CSA farmers.
> >
> >I am very interested in this. If anyone could contact me with any
> >detail I would appreciate it very much. This might be a good thing to
> >post to the entire list - I will also forward anythinf I get to the
> >CSA listserver
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Dan Dietz
> >Reedsburg WI,USA

> Jeri L. Neal, Research Programs Coordinator
> Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture
> 209 Curtiss Hall, Iowa State University
> Ames, IA. 50011
> 515-296-3711

Jeff Hall