For all subscribers: Re: Am I on SANET now?

Andy Clark, SAN Coordinator (san@nal.usda.gov)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:17:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 MKROME@aol.com wrote:

> When I got cut off of AOL a while ago, it seemed as though my SANET messages
> dwindled curiously. Has there been some goof up with my reception?

Margaret and SANetters:

Any time your server goes down for more than two days, we (NCSU) will
remove your name from sanet mailing list. This is necessary because NCSU
computers spend too much time (=computer resources) trying to resend
every message to every *bad* address for three days. This slows down
other communications throughout the NCSU system.

Occasionally your own server (aol in Margaret's case) may be responsible,
since the receiving server doesn't want to *hold your mail* after you've
been cut off.

Sorry we have to do this. Knowing the volume of mail on sanet-mg, you
can usually tell that you've been *toasted* (just love that term) if you
don't receive sanet-mg mail for several days. Just resubscribe (see
below on how).

You can query almanac to see if you're still subscribed.
Send a message to: almanac@ces.ncsu.edu
In the body of the message type ONLY: review sanet-mg

This will return a message with a list of all sanet subscribers.

To learn more about what almanac can do for you, send it the message:
send guide

To see what you've missed, see the GUIDE, or try looking at the sanet-mg
archives at: http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/san/ Choose sanet-mg archives.

To (re)subscribe, send a message to:

almanac@ces.ncsu.edu

In the BODY of the message type ONLY:

subscribe sanet-mg

Please contact me if you have any questions, and welcome (back) to sanet!

Andy Clark, Ph.D.
SAN Coordinator
c/o AFSIC, Room 304
USDA/ARS/National Agricultural Library