                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #121

April 8, 1997

For copies of the following resources, please contact
the appropriate publishers or organizations directly.

                         ***

*Green Means (Television series/video).* KQED Public
Television. Television series about the environment
presents brief profiles of people and organizations
worldwide working to improve environmental health and
sustainability. Each segment (approximately 5 minutes
long) features a different topic, including organic
farming in Cuba; environmental impacts of grass lawns;
urban organic agriculture; reducing chemical use on golf
courses; large-scale composting in Kenya; and the impact
of pesticides on pollinators. Contact your local public
television station for broadcast times. KQED, 2601
Mariposa Street, San Francisco, CA 94110; phone (415)
864-2000; fax (415) 553-2333; email
danica_michels@qm.kqed.org;
http://www.kqed.org/greenmeans.

*Bug Hotline.* University of California, Davis.
Telephone information service identifies arthropods and
answers questions about spiders, ticks, scorpions and
other bugs and household pests. Does not give pest
control recommendations. US$3/first minute; US$1/each
additional minute. Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-
Friday. Phone (900) 225-BUGS (225-2847).

*Fundamentals of Entomology, Fourth Edition, 1997.*
Richard Elzinga. Presents introduction to insects,
including classification, anatomy, biology, ecology and
behavior. Describes insect pest management with
biological, cultural, genetic, physical and chemical
controls. Discusses major features of insect families.
475 pp. US$87. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ
07458; phone toll free (800) 922-0579 or (201) 767-5048;
fax toll free (800) 445-6991.

-- Directories --

*Organic Agriculture Worldwide: Directory of the Member
Organizations and Associates of IFOAM, 1996/97.*
International Federation of Organic Agriculture
Movements (IFOAM). Lists names and provides contact
information for organic agriculture organizations in 92
countries. Lists information by country. 54 pp.
US$16/DM24. IFOAM General Secretariat, c/o Okozentrum
Imsbach, D-66636, Tholey-Theley, Germany; phone (49-6)
853-5190; fax (49-6) 853-30110; email ifoam-
secretary@oln.comlink.apc.org.

*World Directory of Environmental Organizations, Fifth
Edition, 1996.* T. Trzyna, E. Margold and J. Osborn,
eds. Discusses international environmental activism and
provides listing of environmental organizations,
including government agencies, NGOs and multilateral
projects. Presents information according to country,
region, type of organization and issue. Each entry
includes contact information and brief summary of
mission and activities. 263 pp. US$50 in Canada and
U.S.; US$65 in other countries. International Center for
the Environment and Public Policy, California Institute
of Public Affairs, P.O. Box 189040, Sacramento, CA
95814; phone (916) 442-2472; fax (916) 442-2478; email
cipa@igc.org; http://www.igc.org/cipa.

We encourage those interested in having resources listed
in the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office
(address listed below) or to contact Information Program
Associate Adam Kirshner for further information.