re: Ecological impact of ladybug harvesting

This winter, hundreds and hundreds of laybugs appeared in my sunny basement
office. I just shared the space with them, relocated some of them to
houseplants. Now that spring is trying to come to southern Quebec, they
seem to have moved on.

I've lived in this house for three years, never saw more than a few
ladybugs. I've lived in this area for more than 20 years, off and on, and
have never heard of huge populations of ladybugs until this year. Quite a
few of my friends have had them this year.

I hope some will hang about my garden -- and I hope they plan to return.

Stephanie Wells         wells@web.net
4340 Magog Road
North Hatley, Québec
Canada  J0B 2C0         Tel/Fax: 819-842-4574