Re: Information about sanet

Dear Evandro,

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 CENDSE09@VM.NPD.UFPB.BR wrote:

>    I would appreciate receiving information about SANET.

Sanet-mg is a discussion group, with about 750 subscribers.  On it we
discuss sustainable agriculture principles and practices, as well as
philosophy.  Sanet is sponsored by the USDA Sustainable Agriculture
Research and Education (SARE) program, which is a grants program (U.S.
only at this time).

I am the coordinator of the Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN), which
is the technical information and outreach arm of the SARE program.  Sanet
is one of our forms of information dissemination about sustainable
agriculture and about the SARE program.  SAN also produces books,
brochures and informational pamphlets about sustainable agriculture.
Most of our products are available in print, or in electronic format,
either on diskette or on the World Wide Web.

Be sure to see our Web site for more information about the SARE program,
about SAN, and about sanet-mg:      http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/san/

You can also read the archives of sanet-mg at this site, by clicking on
sanet-mg from the home page.  These archives date from the beginning of
the discussion group in October of 1991.

I will send you more information (electronically) about SAN and SARE.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have further questions
about sanet, or about SAN or SARE.  Hopefully you can find the answers to
most of your general questions on our Web pages.

To subscribe, send a message to:

     almanac@ces.ncsu.edu

In the BODY of the message type ONLY:

     subscribe sanet-mg

Be sure to save the instructions that are sent to you.  You'll need them.

Please contact me if you have any further questions, and welcome to sanet!

Andy Clark, Ph.D.
SAN Coordinator
c/o AFSIC, Room 304
USDA/ARS/National Agricultural Library