Wendell Berry quote

A while back someone asked about the 'came with vision, but not with
sight'  Wendell Berry quote.

Doing some late night browsing last night, I found this:

  "As we felled and burned the forests, so we burned, plowed, and
   overgrazed the prairies. We came with visions, but not with sight.
   We did not see or understand where we were or what was there, but
   destoyed what was there for the sake of what we desired. And the
   desire was always native to the place we left behind."

This is from an essay "The Native Grasses and What They Mean" in
_The Gift of Good Land_, North Point Press, 1981.

I hope whoever was asking can still make use of it.

rob