                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #138

August 12, 1997

For copies of the following resources, please contact
the appropriate publishers or organizations directly.

                         ***

*Pesticide Information Service -- PESTIS.* (Web site).
PANNA. Online database of articles, reports and action
alerts related to pesticides and sustainable
agriculture. Carries out keyword searches of materials
from many pesticide reform organizations on range of
topics, including pesticide health hazards, regulations,
food security, non-toxic alternatives and news about
citizen campaigns worldwide. Web address:
http://www.panna.org/panna/pestis.html.

*ExToxNet.* (Web site). University of California, Davis,
Oregon State University, Michigan State University, and
Cornell University. Provides lay-language fact sheets
about pesticides and pesticide issues for consumers,
researchers and others. Fact sheets cover many common
and not-so-common pesticides, plus overviews of health
and toxicology topics, including carcinogenesis,
cholinesterase-inhibition, food safety and endocrine
disruption. Connect from PANNA site or at
http://ace.ace.orst.edu/info/extoxnet/.

*ChemFinder.* (Web site). CambridgeSoft Corporation.
Online search engine looks exclusively for information
about chemicals, including pesticides. Finds pesticides
by common name, brand name, CAS number, chemical formula
or other designations. Searches locate information about
chemicals from range of web sites worldwide, including
government and multilateral agencies, universities and
private institutions. Connect from PANNA site or at
http://chemfinder.camsoft.com/.

*Reregistration Eligibility Document (RED) Fact Sheets.*
(Web site). U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Archive of RED fact sheets includes information about
many pesticides that have been through reregistration
process. Each document contains information about
toxicity, regulatory history, use profile and
environmental impacts. Requires Adobe Acrobat software
to read PDF format files. Connect from PANNA site or at
http://www.epa.gov/docs/oppsrrd1/REDs/index.html.

*University of Nebraska Pesticide Information.* (Web
site). University of Nebraska. Provides information
about pesticides and pest control with fact sheets and
links to related sites. Presents information in
categories organized by topic, including health and
environmental effects, safety precautions for
applicators, links to pesticide labels and information
about integrated pest management (IPM). Connect from
PANNA site or at
http://ianrwww.unl.edu/ianr/pat/ephome.htm.

We encourage those interested in having resources listed
in the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office
(address listed below) or to contact Information Program
Associate Adam Kirshner for further information.