rashes

Greetings!

I used to work for a florist, and one of my co-workers developed a
similar problem - red rash followed by open cracked sores on her fingers
(no blood! just open), and painful to boot. Best we could figure was what
Michelle mentioned - combo of constant wetness and unknown greenhouse
chemicals in the water. My co-worker started using gloves with talc on a
regular basis and the problem dropped off significantly. This was not
easy at a florist, and inconvenience would be similar with produce, but
it was still do-able.

Also, to help heal we used an herbal salve with a calendula/comfrey root
/st. johnswort base, that was quick healing and emollient at the same
time.

Good luck to all rashers!

Diane

p.s. in landscaping, juniper plants are commonly used, and they provoke a
rash wherever they touch the skin - very irritating, but only lasts a
day. something about the oils...