re-cycled hog wastes

This country is really only just coming to terms with the problems of
intensive pig farming after severely damaging the eco-systems of many of
our famous brown trout lakes. The most intensive work on the problems seem
to have been done in the Netherlands where the high water table makes
action more difficult but I notice that the Dutch government is now
bringing pressure to bear in the drawing up of organic livestock standards
for Europe which would allow much higher applications of manure per hectare
than most other countries would find safe or acceptable. There is a good
deal of literature available from sources in the Netherlands - sorry I
don't have it to hand.
kathy marsh