Re:Help: rashes caused by handling produce

John,
There are a number of insecticides and fungicides (and the so-called
inert ingredients within) that have skin irritating qualities, according
to the Pesticide Handbook.
http://gnv.ifas.ufl.edu/~fairsweb/text/pp/15053.html

Another interesting article is by Joel Grossman, "Dangers of Household
Pesticides," ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PERSPECTIVES, Vol. 103, No. 6 (June
1995).
http://www.envirolink.org/pubs/rachel/ehbr01.htm

Susan Snow