Re: SMALLFARM-MG> Organic Produce

Yo you all tired of this organic produce bull already ! well we organic
farmers will have to live with it all our  lives every day of our  lives
.

Take the load off the USDA take the load for free take the load of the
USDA and put the load right on me and  put the load right on me.

Take the load of the retailer take the load for free take the load off
the retailer and put the load right on me  and put the load right on me

take the load of the customers take the load for free take the load of
the customer and put the load right on me and put the load right on me
.

take the load of the state take their  load for free take the load off
the state and put the load right on me and put the  load right on me.

take the load off the inspectors take their load for free take the load
off the inspectors and put their load right on me  and put their whole
load right on me.

Take the load off the certifiers take that load for free take the load
off the certifiers and put the load right on me  and put the  load right
on me.

Take the load off all the paper pushers take their load for free take the
load off the paper pushers and put the load right on me  and put the load
right on me.

Take the load off the chemical farmers let the pollute for free take the
load off the chemical farmers and put the load right on me and and put
the load right on me.

THE LOAD RIGHT ON Me!

</bigger>

oRGANIC FARMERS  are guilty and have to spend their own money every year,
year after year to prove they are honest.  They have to hire a 3rd party
and pay for that 3 party expenses such as computers ,building,staff just
to say we  are honest and  we register like a sex offender and pay the
state and fed organic tax and pay an inspector to search their farms ,pay
the inspectors  gas ,hotel rooms , massage girl, food,time driving time
reading time, paper work and of course the audit and organic growers have
as much privacy as a convicted felon on parole.  We are paying for all
this bureaucratic bull shit and filling out tons of extra paper work all
because we  farm organic and sell our  organic produce as organic.  They
have taken a grass roots dream  and turned  it into a bureaucratic
nightmare.and  you small growers you get to feel every bite every year.
We are paying for it all.  Just think if we took all that money and put
in into education about organic or even education on how to grow organic
instead of on the Organic Gastopo.(a), if the director or county
agricultural

commissioner finds that a violation was not intentional, the director or
county agricultural commissioner may levy a civil penalty

of not more than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)  That is only
if they find it is NOT Intentional . you know you did not dot that i or
cross that t.

 An organic grower should not pay one extra cent to grow and sell
organic.

things like this should make the small grower run to be organic.  NOT run
away is more like it.

.

We have a bunch of new partners that we get to share with.So  dig deep
you growers we have a big bureaucratic nightmare to support along with
our own families. Just add up the cost of all the programs and everyone
getting paid and think we get to pay for it all.

This is just the state don't forget we get to support the feds,your local
chapter of certifier,you main certifier,the inspectors and who knows what
they will throw in next year  I hear that we will have to do this all
over again when the international law are passed. CODAC or whatever they
call it.    You think this was fun just wait the international law will
usurp the fed law which will usurp the state law and so on and so on .
Guess who is getting squezzed.     Organic growing belongs to the
bureaucratic soft money,hard money, back door deals,football tickets
under the table and special interest boys with more money than the grower
ever had and they will be  telling the grower how to live and how high to
jump.

I just sent in my pound of flesh to the STATE of Ca. as required by law
because I grow organic.  I could have sure use that money but noooo. I
think if i did not send in the money  I would get finded and then there
is the interest that will build up maybe 1 or 2% every month till I paid
and you can't say you are organic anymore so it is "pay up or get out of
Dodge" . So I paid just like I paid the last 3 years and will probably
have to pay the rest of my life .    . These folks that tell you it will
only cost $20 are pulling your leg.  You hear all this talk about helping
small farmers and Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act. It
is a  lot of noise signifying nothing.

Our State Law reads.

A registration form shall be accompanied by payment of a

nonrefundable registration fee by producers, handlers, and processors,
which shall be based on gross sales by the registrant of

food sold as organic in the calendar year that precedes the date of
registration, or if no sales were made in the preceding year,

then based on the expected sales during the 12 calendar months following
the date of registration,bla bla bla on and on on and on

that is right there is a fee on selling organic food and no fee on non
organic food Hello ! any one out there.

this  ACT  is like the rabbit and it just keeps going and going and
going. add up all the cost for all this.   add it up.  look at the bottom
line that says cost for every one of these groups that the farmer pays
,the certifier,the inspector,the state,the feds,the paper work,etc add it
all up and the bottom line ,the total cost and that is the cost . So
don't let them tell you different with their only $20 bullshit.  They
cannot tell you what the cost is because every one of these groups gets
to tax you  what the market will bear.

<bigger>how many bureaucratic paper pushers do i have to payoff  to show
I am organik.</bigger>  It is all just another way to bleed the turnups.

I leave you with this part of the Ca. State organic food act.:

46013 Any producer,handler,processor,or registered certification
organization subject to this chapter that does not pay the fee within 10
days of the date on which the fee is due and payable shall pay a penalty
of 10 percent of the total amount determined to be due plus interest at
the rate of 1 1/2 percent per month on the unpaid balance.