Tt: Inventory software

Re: The problem of multiple trees at one address.

I performed a street tree inventory for a municipality a couple of years
ago. We designated a lot positioning format for lots that contained more
than one tree. The trees were numbered (beginning at 10,  then 20,  then
30,  etc. to leave room for later additions) in the direction that they
were encountered on the lot, running in the same direction that the
addresses increased up the street.

Sounds confusing, but it worked fairly well to allow arborists to identify
trees scheduled for work, and for any one at the Parks office taking calls
to pull up the proper tree from the database with the description from the
caller.

Paul.