Tt: Quaking Aspen Leaf

 To TreeTown -

 We have a leaf from a quaking aspen tree that was pressed, then
 laminated in clear plastic over three years ago.  (Collecting
 and preserving leaves from various species.)  One striking thing
 about this leaf is that its underside is almost white, and in
 dramatic contrast to its upper greener side.  I'm guessing that
 quaking aspen is much more pronounced than other broadleaves.

 This is interesting evidence to support that the quaking, animated
 leaves of this species do perform some (visual) function for the
 tree.  Not only are their leaf-stems flattened to produce vibrant
 fluttering, but they are also 'painted' to exaggerate the effect ...

 Richard@Flora.Com
 Baltimore / USDA Zone 7

TreeTown Discussion List    | ListOp: RTEllsberry@Flora.Com (Baltimore)
On The Web:          <HTML> | <A HREF = "http://flora.com/treetown">