Re: TT: Tree Quarantine in New York

> Hmm, long horn beetles can hitch a ride in fire wood one is taking to
> grandmas house, or on a barge of trimmings,  lawn man takes some maple
> home to the fire place. Containment can be very difficult.

Actually, after sending the note and reading this reply I am reminded of
another of my particular fascinations - solid waste.  New York City has
started to export a lot of waste.  Although yard trimmings is a relatively
small component (0-12%) of the waste stream, I would assume some of these
will be potentially infested maple tree parts.

This could be one more reason to compost (on site of course).  I'll have
to point this out to some of my recycling friends.

Lisa

Follow-Ups: References: