Re: TT: Hoosier Banana?

 On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Tom Kimmerer wrote:

> What a great tree to start off the year!  Pawpaw, Asimina triloba ...

> Pawpaw is a small understory tree that reproduces clonally in patches
> (there's an old fiddle tune called "Chicken in the Pawpaw patch") ...

 Gary and I came up with 'Pickin' up Paw Paws, put 'em in your pocket'
 -- but you're right!  There's at least that one other one:

 Way down yonder in the Paw Paw patch! -- Remember that one (or is it
 the same song)?

 I'm a little unclear on what it means to 'reproduce clonally' -- is
 this similar to a root sucker, sprouting from the bottom of the tree?

 Richard@Flora.Com
 Baltimore USDA Zone 7