TT: World Forestry Day ???

 Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:09:11 +1100
 From: Jim Stevenson <Jim.Stevenson@mailhost.dpie.gov.au>
                     Subject:                              Time:  9:40 AM
 OFFICE MEMO         World Forestry Day ???                Date:  13/2/98
 Hello everybody,

I work for the Forests Division of the Australian Commonwealth Department of Primary Industries and Energy in Canberra, Australia (funnily enough), and was wondering if World Forestry Day (on the 21st March ???) was still being celebrated or not.

I searched the Internet and cannot find any mention of it for this year (a worldwide search, not just Australia).

I am developing an "Australian Forestry Diary" on my homepage  (http://www.dpie.gov.au/dpie/forestry.html)  for the Division and only have one item for the day so far.  I would like some more if possible.

If you know of an event, but it's not in Australia, still send me advice, and we might ask Jarmo if he would put the information on METLA's "Events" page.
http://www.metla.fi/info/vlib/Forestry/Category/Events/

If you can help, please reply to me at:-
jim.stevenson@dpie.gov.au

 Thanks for your time

 Jim Stevenson