PERMACULTURE IN AFRICA

This is exciting. I just rtraveled across africa and visited permaculture projects in about 10 countries (well, mosty were permaculture.)

here's a list of them, and I can supply contact info and general info on them all.

DEVELOPMENT GROUPS I HAVE VISITED CONATCT WITH IN AFRICA:

ETHIOPIA:
1. The Integrated Biofarm Enterprise-- Biointensive/ PC demo farm
2. The International Center for Insect Physiology and Ecology--promotes Biofarm
3. The BioGas Production team of the DED (German Development service)
4. LUPO, The Lower Oromo Land Use planning team (Governmental)-- organic ag and agroforestry
5. FARM Africa--agroforestry
6. The United Nations High Commission on Refugees

KENYA:
1. The National Organization of Women and the Greenbelt Movement--tree planting

TANZANIA:
1. Tanzanian Promoters of Permaculture Farming-- in Dar es Salam
2. Varied Seaweed export projects on Zanzibar Island.

RWANDA:
1.An agroforestry Project of the DED (German Development service)

MALAWI:
1. Lukwe Permaculture Educational Farm
2. The US Peace Corps Permaculture and Nutrition Team
3. The Paper Making Education Trust (by-hand recycling project), related to OXFAM
4. There are various other PC promoters

ZIMBABWE:
1. The Fambidzanai Permaculture Center
2. The Natural Farming Network
3. The Zimbabwean Institute of Permaculture
4. The Permaculture in Schools Program

SOUTH AFRICA:
1. Food and Trees for Africa-PC planning and PC inschools
2. Rustleršs Valley Permaculture Educational Center
3. Oudmouden Community Organic Farm (employs mentally handicapped individuals)

---------
-"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to
the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of
peace and brotherhood can never become reality. I believe that
unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."
~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.