Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review

> ever did measure, he says, the yields of conventional gardens
should dwarf
> those of forest gardens.

if this is talking about financially quantifiable yield per
square unit, the fella is propably right as far as my own
observance is going. but this is not what my life is about. i am
highly satisfied with a 50% material yield for 10% of the labor
input, plus some hard-to-quantify yields like personal
relationship with natural cycles, fun, satisfaction and other
similar subversive things.

from my point of view the multilevel power of pc sits in it's
wholistic subsistence orientation - it is imho not fit to compete
with _any_ agriculture (conventional, organic, bio-dyn, you name
it), if the reference frame is a culture where 3% or less of the
population supply the renewable primary ressources for the rest,
and all values have to be expressable in $. so toby, if you are
taking this match on, i am afraid you will end up with a bloody
nose.

interesting though that where the reference frame is the actual
survival of the people (cuba, vietnam), pc is favoured.

georg