Re: plant DB - startup

hi elija:

this post sure got me sing and dance (well, clap my hands and shout,
anyways).

> In a former life (and still now and then, to make ends meet) I was

first a question for this list: what are you now? i conclude from your
address that you are on big island, hawaii, but what are you up to? (late
tightness).

and for the yet to be created nerd-list:

> And maybe I missed it but this is the part I haven't heard much of.  I
would
> be willing to try to come up with a list of good questions, and start
posing
> them,

well, i am all in for answering them from my point of view - and maybe add a
question ot two it it jumps on me.

> Also - maybe a different mailing list is in order - with summary reports
> this one every once in a while?  Then we can get really nerdy.

while i havent the grounds for getting nerdy, i think a separate list is ok,
and would be glad if wannabe geeks are allowed to silent peeping readers,
and maybe enter a different angle ever now and then by asking a stupid
(non-tech) question.

georg