Re: living machines

Robyn,

> state's first domestic reedbed treatment system for septic effluent for
> the flush toilet and comercial kitchen in the education

Very interesting and very cool.  I commend you on the
progress you have advanced. What is the first stage of
the process where the effluent enters (comparable to a
septic tank) where primary digestion occurs?  And do the solids pass through
a grinder before entering this phase?

Steve Bonney
Sustainable Earth
  a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to the
  development of sustainable family farming systems
  and local food systems
100 Georgton Ct.
W. Lafayette, IN 47906
(765) 463-9366