Re: online db stuff

Aloha,

> But I do sense his portrayal of the relationship between living and
> dead
> gnosis is not as broad as it might be. I think there's more to the
> story.
> For example, I often hear gardeners suggesting that computer-mediated
> communication is fundamentally a "substitute for the real thing" - or
> however the suspicion might be phrased.

What a great conversation!  Which exemplifies that (as I see it) this
is *another* communication form/process.  It's neither F2F in meatspace
or a "substitute" for it, but a different manner of relating.

> It gets complicated, but Sages have roundly debunked the assumption
> that computer-mediated interaction somehow lacks value,

Sages, Schmages.  We do it, we experience it, therefore our experience
is different than had we not done it.  Some might call that "value," I
suppose.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA