Re:Pc in Kiribati

I am forwarding this on - looks like a wonderful opportunity - Robyn
Francis

Sent:        11/10/20 12:41 AM
From:        Suzanne Jenkins, fsp@tskl.net.ki
To:          permed@nor.com.au

Hello Robyn,

I got your email address of the web page. I am writing from the central
Pacific country of Kiribati hoping that through your network you may be
able
to locate a suitable person to come here and work as a permaculturalist,
nursery developer, landscaper for us for one year.

I have managed to almost obtain funding (80% certainty) for a permaculture
person to develop our garden here for food production and to get a
commercial scale nursery running. It would be a volunteer position for one
year and would have to go through the Australian Volunteers International.
The pay would be at the higher end of the local scale at $8,000 dollars
per
year and accomodation would be provided in the hotel/guesthouse behind
FSP.
It is a very clean and modern place and very comfortable.

Our garden is already up and running and there is some plant production
and
a competent gardener. Our problem is that she lacks the ability to
experiment and doesnt have the vision or ideas to get a good garden going.
As our organisation is the main training centre for home gardeners, this
presents a big problem. The volunteer would work alongside the gardener
and
would be responsible for organising and giving community workshops. As
well
there would be nursery development and landscaping projects including the
landscaping of 2 secondary schools that are under construction.

Could you spread the word that I am looking for someone as widely as
possible amongst your permaculture colleagues, as I am hoping to have
someone here by February. AVI doesnt have anybody on their books who would
suit at the moment so if anyone wants to they could contact me for more
information, and if they are serious, contact Greame Pitts at AVI at
gpitts@ozvol.org.au. I think he is based in Sydney.

A couple with kids could also be accomodated if they were prepared to
lodge
in a small modern double storey cottage with one bedroom upstairs and a
kitchen living room downstairs (it is small however).

thanks for your help

Sue
Suzanne Jenkins, Director
Foundation for the Peoples of the South Pacific, Kiribati
PO Box 43, Bairiki, Tarawa
Republic of Kiribati, Central Pacific
Ph. 686 28101   Fax 686 28082