Re: permaculture trademark alert

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:19:17 +1000, Pacific Edge Permaculture + Media
<pacedge@magna.com.au> wrote:

>I still  hold this to be true... but tales of legal threats from the
>Institute's lawyer reported online by other correspondents bring to me a
>feeling of unease... a feeling that something is not right with the approach
>of the Institute. And, still, the Institute fails to communicate with the
>large group of stakeholders Bill laboured for so many years to create.
>
>but it is probably inevitable that sooner or later, we will have Mollison
>approved PDC's and other PDC's.

>This has already been raised by a number of people...  never openly because,
>I think, their ideas are still in formulation...  and, like you an, I
>believe that it may come to pass.

It is an empty threat on his part since, as has been explained, he
cannot copyright the word permaculture therefore not PDC or PD.

I see no reason for all not to continue offering PDC's with your own
certification and publishing about permaculture  electronically and in
hardcopy and move on. Don't even slow down.

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech  london@ibiblio.org