new garden

My husband and I just purchased a home on almost 4 acres...cleared. We are
both botanists and want to set up a self sufficient farm...permaculture...
we have ideas and crops we want...with such a "blank page" we sure want to
do it right and factor in as many considerations as possible...
resource suggestions from anyone.  We are in Kitsap county, WA State and
there is a slight slope from the house/barn area down to a pond/wetland
the ground has been bulldozed so we know some green manure would have been
great last Sept.....but here we are almost April...locals raise farm
animals so we have close by chicken/horse...etc manure