Earth Activst Training

EARTH ACTIVIST TRAINING
May 4-18, 2001
With STARHAWK and PENNY LIVINGSTON-STARK

Learn how to create the world you want to live in.

A permaculture design course for visionary activists:  Learn the skills
to transform a piece of land, a community, and our political and economic
systems.   The tools we need to envision and design a just, free and
sustainable culture are the same ones we need challenge the vested interests
that keep destructive systems in place.

Permaculture is a system of ecological design.  Spend two weeks in the
coastal California hills learning:

Nature and wilderness awareness.
Diversity in ecosystems and in our movement.
Pattern thinking in design, strategy, and movement building.
Solutions that exist:  alternative energy, organic farming, natural
building, bioremediation and restoration.
Soil and forest ecology and ecological economics.
How to collect, conserve, and clean water.
Movement building, strategy and direct action principles and practices.
Consensus process, facilitation and conflict transformation.
How to transform fear, rage, grief and frustration into creative action.
How to stay grounded and centered in tough and challenging situations.
How to create ritual and weave magic into action.
ŠŠand more!

This program leads to a certificate in permaculture design.

Core facilitators:
Starhawk is a lifelong activist, direct action trainer, ecofeminist and
author of many books that link earth-based spirituality with political
struggle, including The Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing, and The Twelve
Wild Swans: A Journey to the Realm of Magic, Healing and Action.

Penny Livingston-Stark is internationally recognized as a prominent
permaculture teacher and designer. Penny specializes in creating resource
rich landscapes, non-toxic natural building materials, site planning &
design, using ecologically sound principals and methods.

May 4-18, Western Sonoma County, California

Cost:  We are actively fundraising to provide this on a pay-what-you-can
basis to activists. Work trades, payment plans and scholarships available.
For those who can pay, we estimate the real cost of providing this program
to be $1200 per person‹if you can pay more, that will help subsidize someone
who canšt.  Please donšt let money keep you away‹wešll work it out!

To apply, or for more information, contact:

Madrone Productions
PO Box 410187
SF CA 94141-0187
415-789-7674