Re: question for waterproofing canvas

	I've noticed that linseed oil is recommended a lot in this
thread.  This is just a cautionary note.  We've all heard at one time
or another about the dangers of oil soaked rags causing fires by
spontaneous combustion,  I have heard linseed oil is a particularly
bad actor in this regard.  I don't have a reference handy for this
but would recommend that any linseed oil soaked cloth be hung out to
dry (rather than piled on a workbench to be attended to later).  It
is surprising how much heat is generated in a short period of time
(an hour or two - it doesn't take days or weeks to spontaneously
ignite).

	-Phil
--
Phil Vergamini, Santa Fe, NM