Re: Excessive mail to the extreme.

At 03:23 PM 2/25/01 -0500, Keith wrote:
>Dear Naomi and Rick,
>I suspect a computer glitch at your end to explain the sending of at least
>5 349 K
>messages (FIVE!!!, after 5 my email download crashed. It doesn't like
>large files for
>some reason) . If it wasn't computer error, you should be ashamed. I
>consider ONE
>unsolicited 349K file to be intrusive and abusive of the list, especially
>when most of
>it is unreadable formatting garbage which is not converted by my browser.

Not only do I agree with Keith...is it possible to configure this list to
both reject file attachments and to restrict postings over a certain
size?  I thought Larry had done that at one point...if so, maybe the limit
needs to be set lower.  I'd suggest the upper limit be somewhere under 200K.

Loren

Loren Davidson        Permaculturist, philosopher, writer
loren@farwalker.com   http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
AIM: loren334     ICQ: 65291610
"It's all good." - Sun Bear