Re: (fwd) Re: Grey Water/Ponds

Good day:)

In a message dated 2/17/01 6:34:44 PM, keithdj@mindspring.com writes:

<< Gabions  in the higher parts of your hills and swales on the high edges of
your fields
with  ponds,  chinampas and wetlands in your more level areas should reduce
the
tendency of creeks to flood and erode. >>

Thanks Keith for the excellent reply. As usual I'm aware of the concepts but
how I build, and apply to my land is what I'm looking for.

I'll check the Designer's Manual..it may be packed away GRR!

Your idea of a necklace of small ponds seems to me to be the way to go.
I'm also leery of using those dozers due to $$$ and destruction. Trying to
get the most bang for my buck:)

All the best. Frank