Re: Mongolian Ecotourist seeking partner

I got this off of another list from the Sanfransisco area. I am wondering if
someone knows the equivalent plant that grows up here in British Columbia?
On the coast and in the interior?

You might know bamboo is related to our native Rivercane.  (The last time
> I used the Latin
> name for rivercane I was mugged online).  But if anyone really cares and
> just so we will
> really know what we're talking about, there are two native varieties of
> rivercane in the
> U.S.  They are Arundinaria Gigantea: 30 Ft. X 1 1/4 inch -10 F. (this is
> the stuff that
> blowguns are made of) range- Virginia to Texas. Small plants of A.
Gigantea
> are often
> confused with Arundinaria Tecta, which is "switch cane", 12-15 Ft. X
> 1/4-1/2 inch.  It
> would take a true scientist to be sure of the difference, using a
> microscope to examine
> the rhisomes, etc.  I would not even suggest that I would go that far to
> prove one way
> or the other.

Yaya Balinci,
Sustainable Forest-Farm-Garden Design
Ecosystem Mapping For Sustainable Production of foods and materials,
yaya@telus.net
604.253.2536
http://www3.telus.net/circleworks/sustmed2.htm
Vancouver, BC, Canada
*better known as NW Coastal Turtle Island