Re: first flush diverter -Reply

Thanks John, I would appreciate that. I'm installing gutters and cement
tanks in refugee camps, partly to stop massive erosion, partly to make
use of the rainwater. I can only put gutters on large buildings (shelters
are too weak) such as school, warehouse. clinic ; but it should make a
big difference. So we would want to encourage refugees to use the
rainwater but then of course a diverter is essential especially in the dry
season !

>>> "John Schinnerer" <johns@eco-living.net> 12/12/00 08:39pm >>>
Aloha,

The state of Texas published a pretty good rainwater harvesting guide -
maybe still does.  I have a copy - it includes several simple first-flush
diverters that are simpler than the Rube Goldberg setups in the Intro to
PC
or Designer's Manual.  I will dig it out and post info when I get time (may
take a while...).

John Schinnerer
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing