Re: microwaved food

on 12/9/00 9:30 PM, MARSHALL CHROSTOWSKI at mcfarm@silcom.com wrote:

> Do you know Tom Valentine who wrote the Acres
> USA article that started (?) this particular thread of condemnation of
> microwaves?  I haven't been able to find anything earlier than 1994 article.
> All later references trace back to Valentine's "expose".

The Acres USA article does seem to be at the heart of it all. One of the
sites I mentioned,
http://www.mercola.com/article/microwave/hazards.htm
cites some other research that Valentine's article doesn't, but it's
described in such a way that I don't know what controls were used (whether
they compared microwaved and oven-cooked foods, for example), so I am not
sure how seriously to take it. Next trip to the U of O library I'll do a
little more research.

Toby