Re:Keylines

G'day all:)

I've visited Keyline site, and have had several net conversations with
Darren, whose methods I also embrace.

Problem is trying to actually locate these keylines in the forest. I have
high forested hills on three sides. On the other, western side are 70 acres
of good bottom land bordered by a large creek.

In the hills are numerous good sized drainage ways carved out over time. I'd
sure like to find a way to harness those spring rains. But it would be tough
getting machinery to any possible pond sites...and then it seems it might be
expensive to build.

Confluence of hills and hollows seem to be areas where water flows/drainage
areas start. Are you saying to find a suitable spot in the course of such a
drainage way, widen it and so how impound it? How far up the hill. These
Kentucky hills are only several hundred feet high but at the tops are pretty
steep.

Look forward to the list's comments. Darren, Mr. Yeoman? All the best.  Frank