Re: We are one

At 11:03 PM 10/26/00 -0200, you wrote:
Welcome comments Graham and welcome back to well being. The parallels are constant between all living beings. Wonderful that you could treat us with your insights as we all run the risk of being overcome by 'bindweed' at some point in life...
The more that we can see and be an integral part of our universe the more closely we can weave the threads into creation; life and permaculture invite us.
     Regards        Pete
PS. While I'm here......I have a problem with Cat tails clogging up the pond in the Guarani indian reservation where I work once a week here in Sao Paulo, Brasil. I hear that they are edible, but don't know if the Guarani would be into eating them, as they are pretty traditional in their ways. Apart from pulling them out by the roots, is there some way that we can reclaim the pond to stock some fish???  Help

Grass carp feed on cattails as well as muskrats.  If you increase the depth of the pond cattails will not grow below four feet of water.  All of this is true in temperate New Mexico so I assume it holds for Sao Paulo.  I have also wondered about other carp but haven't found any data.  I am also told Tilapia feed on  cattail but can't confirm.  Remember that all of these are probable exotic species to your area, as they are mine, so I am forced to use sterile fish so that they don't present a threat to local species if they escape.  I would think that you have analogous species that would work in your ecosystem.

Hope this helps.
Scott