Teaching Children PC

Hello,
A PC Course participant from Santa Cruz wrote and asked me
for some help gathering information on teaching permaculture to children.
I sent him some book ideas from my Biblio. These books tend to focus on
growing food and Nature-
Any other ideas out there?  I thought I heard there was/is a book in
process on this exact topic- Kids and PC?

Please send via listserve and to Eric directly
ejota9@surfnetusa.com

Thanks
Jude

The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature
Michael Chinery       et.al.Usborne Ltd. Belgium Publishing Ltd. 1990
Beautifully detailed illustrations of plants and animals.  A serious nature
study for the young and old.
I had to special order this but found it one of the best children's nature
books available.
Kids Nature      Susan Milord   Williams Publishing   Charlette,Vt.
365 Indoor and outdoor nature experiences for kids.
Springo Tyron Creek State Park 11321 SW Terwilliger Blvd.  Portland, Or
97219  (503)636-4550
Life Lab, Growing Adventure  Life Lab Science Program  1156 High St. Santa
Cruz, Ca. 95064  (408)459-2001   In and outdoor science activites

The Evolution Book   Sara Stein     Workman Publishing, NY, 1986  The story
of 4,000 million years of life on Earth revealed through observations,
experiments, projects, and investigations.

333 Science Tricks and Experiments  Robert Brown  Tab Books, INC.  Blue
Ridge Summit, PA  1984
Inexpensive, readily available materials- unique and unusual experiments

Exploring the Secrets of the Meadow-Thicket   JoAnne Dennee and Julia Hand
A Common Roots Guidebook 1994   Observing plants, birds, insects, and
animals and how they interact in the meadow thicket. Songs, activities, and
stoires.     A story of Seasonal activities for the curious child.

Composting Across the Curriculum: A Teacher's Guide to Composting   Kathy
Ezratty 1993
Marin County Office of Waste Management  10 North San Pedro Rd.  Suite
1022, San Rafael, CA 94903   (415)499-6647   Great workbook for people of
all ages.

Squirmy Wormy Composters   Bobbie Kalman  Crabtree Publ.Co.  1992
My favorite pix in this book is the kid w/ a worm on his tongue.  Really
gets the attention of children to read this!  For elementary school age.