Drylands Agriculture

Dear Marsha:

I obviously did not receive this post, and as the Sanctuary Project is
located in high mountain desert in SW Colorado, I would most definitely be
interested if you wouldn't mind sending it to me at my web e-mail address:
ava@iname.com

I suspect that my e-mail server found the post too long and did not send it
through, but I can get it on the web.

We're having a terrible drought and in our area we already have a natural
lack of water resources.  Then add the forest fires and terrific heat we've
been experiencing, my crops have failed.  I've done everything other than
spit on each plant individually, to no avail.  I have a meeting scheduled
with Natural Resource Division and the CO Dept. of Wildlife on Sept. 11 to
walk the land and determine what can be done to save the vegetation and
wildlife habitat.  We will also try to plan a fall crop planting and hope
for some snow in our temperate zone this season to help the plants along.

I've lost an entire experimental crop that can't be harvested until the
third year.  This is a great setback to our research for a 'green'
alternative for the stabilizing and waterproofing of earthen construction.

I am truly looking forward to receiving your post, possibly I can glean
additional insight into "What do we do next?".  Thanks Marsha, I truly
appreciate it.

Blessings,
Ava