Re: Logo symbolism

Hi Toby...
The Permaculture Design Course handbook was issued by the Permaculture
Institute in Australia.

They are now based at Sister's Creek in Tasmania, however I do not have a
contact for them.

Perhaps if you email the Permaculture Research Institute at Tyalgum,
tagari@norex.com they may be able to advise you.

The booklet simply provided a subject outline and drawings for the basic
72-hour PDCs. They were for issue mainly to teachers as a course content
guide, however I know that some teachers gave them to students.

There was a small charge for the booklets - used to be around AUD$6 a few
years back.

on 25/7/00 1:04 AM, Toby  Hemenway at hemenway@jeffnet.org wrote:

> While we're clarifying various permission issues, I've got a question (most
> likely for Scott P or some other Institute person):
>
> Bill's press release says that anyone wishing to use the curriculum must get
> his permission. Does that mean that all teachers of permaculture must apply
> to Bill for permission to teach? Not many Pc teachers do this. Or does the
> PDC certificate grant that right? Where do you write to get permission?

I think this is news to permaculture teachers in Australia too. The belief
here is that anyone completing a PDC is entitled to teach.

> The press release also refers to "The Permaculture Design Course
> handbook issued by the Permaculture Institute to students . . . a concise
> outline of [the] curriculum." I've heard of this hallowed booklet but have
> never seen it--it was not issued to me at the Mollison/Pittman course I took
> in 1995, or in the other PDC I took. How does one get this?

See above. I'm not sure I would call it 'hallowed'.

...Russ Grayson

---------------------
PACIFIC EDGE
Permaculture & Media
Russ Grayson and Fiona Campbell

PO Box 446, Kogarah NSW 2217 AUSTRALIA
Phone/ fax   02-9588 6931   (IDD-61+2+9588 6931)
Email: pacedge@magna.com.au
WWW: http://www.magna.com.au/~pacedge/

PERMACULTURE/ COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: permaculture education + Community
Gardens Network (NSW contact) + organic gardening training + overseas
development aid project services.
MEDIA: publication design + desktop publishing services  + website design &
content production + journalism/ photojournalism.