Re: Snail Farming.

eco-logic books in the UK stocks:

Farming Snails, vols 1 & 2, published by Food and Agriculture Organisation
of the United Nations, Rome 1986.

They are slim booklets, basically aimed at African farmers. Vol 1 is about
setting up your snail farm, as a patch of lush greenery -- which leads to
the realisation that the average English garden is in fact an ideal snail
farm. Vol 2 deals with harvesting and preparation of the snails.

I've also come across -- in the glossy Gardeners World magazine -- a UK
snail-farming web-site, set up by a commercial snail-framing business:
www.snailfarm.demon.co.uk

(Umm, no, I haven't actually eaten our home grown snails... not
sufficiently confident our inner-city environment is clean enough.

The major technical problem for snail harvesting in small urban garden is
getting enough big snails to be worth processing at one time. The one time
I did collect them up and keep them in an old aquarium, I ended up
succumbing to squeamishness.)