Re: African Deserts

John Schinnerer wrote:
>>So who's mis-managing, and why?

A recent report on climate modeling suggested that African
Desert expansion is due to many external factors and local
activity is a very small part of the problem.  Mostly it is
due to climate change and a global view might be most useful.
If this is true then one thing we can do is improve our local
ecology and change our agricultural systems/industrial
activities.

I don't think this suggests we should ignore immediate problems
in Africa, just that our local activities may be more connected
to Africa than we expect.  The problem could be "us".

Jeff Owens (kowens@teleport.com)  Zone 7, http://www.teleport.com/~kowens
 Underground house, solar energy, reduced consumption, no TV