RE: [Pc] demographics - housing

Aloha,

As Ivan Illich exemplifies in one of his essays in "Towards a History of
Needs" - when legislation was passed into law in Venezuela "guaranteeing"
every citizen the "right" to housing, 70-80% of the population suddenly
found themselves living in "substandard" housing.  Not that there was
anything wrong with it from a bioregional peasant's perspective - but of
course they weren't the ones who defined the "standard."

John Schinnerer