Re: GBlist: Modifying a buildings environment

Mike O'Brien (obrien@hevanet.com)
Thu, 20 Mar 97 10:38 PST

Hi, John--

You wrote:

>I would like to repeat a question that I put out earlier about the
>potential to effectively model a buildings exterior climatic zone and
>its effect on a buildings interior environment -specifically what
>existing research and tools are out there and how they can be integrated
>with existing tools for modelling the interior environment?

You might contact Charlie C.Z. Brown at the University of Oregon School of
Architecture and Allied Arts. He has been developing a computer modeling
program for buildings that would take its immediate environment, especially
solar and wind exposure, into account. His phone number is (541)346-5647.

Mike

O'Brien & Associates
Environmental Building Consultants
Portland General Electric Earth Smart program
obrien@hevanet.com