Re: GBlist: emissions from household electrical panels

Herb Jones wrote:

> I have read in Harrowsmith Magazine a few years ago about the increased
> incidence of leukemia among children whose beds are next to or under the
> electrical panel in the house.

I am very, very skeptical of these claims. I have read of dozens of
studies that did not find that electrical fields cause cancer, with one
exception of people living near high-tension transmission lines. In that
case, they were not able to correlate the increased cancers with the
electric fields, or possibly something else. I hate to see inuendo and
fear replace real science on these issues, or we'll be spending our
money solving problems that aren't real, rather than focussing on known
risks.

John Bunzick, CCS, CCCA