Re: GBlist: Asbestos Containment options

From speaking with a number of experts in such hazards, removal is
increasingly being looked at as a last resort, because it can, as you
suggest, increase exposure. The problem is that any asbestos left in the
building remains a liability in terms of resale.

The alternatives are to simple monitor the stuff and verify that it isn't
becoming airborne, or, if it is friable, to encapsulate it. The products
available for encapsulation are getting better. We reviewed one such
product in EBN Vol. 5, No. 6: AsbestoSafe from Global Encasement, Inc. of
Carpinteria, California: 800/230-7296, 805/566-1323 (fax).

Nadav