Re: GBlist: asbestos

During sixties here in the south inexpensive homes used a asbesto shingle
as a exterior wall finish.  It was cheap and it had fire prevention properties.  This stuff was relatively inert when new but 30 years of sun and
weather makes it flake off when touched.

Not aware of any health hazards or documented health problems but I
wouldn't mess with it.